Welcome to the Canyon Ridge Media Center page! Take a look around and explore our resources!
Information literacy forms the basis for lifelong learning. It is common to all disciplines and to all learning environments. It enables learners to master content and extend their investigations, become more self-directed, and assume greater control over their own learning.
In this class students will strive to become information literate by working on the following:
- Determine the extent of information needed
- Access the needed information effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate information and its sources critically
- Incorporate selected information into one’s knowledge base
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
- Understand the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information, and access and use information ethically and legally.
Search our Library!